Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Heidi's Intro

Hello, my name is Heidi! I am currently a fifth year senior at UW-Oshkosh. I am an Elementary Education major (1-8) with a minor in Language Arts. I am currently in my Block B placement in a fourth grade classroom. It is there that I have been able to apply what I have learned these past four years at UW-Oshkosh and gain more experience working with students in the classroom environment. This spring I will be doing my Student Teaching, and I am looking forward to graduating this May.
I think that our team was named after William Kamkwamba because his video is inspirational and stresses the value and relevancy of education. William Kamkwamba’s dedication and determination to receive an education saved his life and the lives of his family. He took it upon himself to seek a solution to his problems and in the words of William Kamkwamba, “books put knowledge in my hands.” It was through knowledge that William was able to help himself, his family, and his community.

No comments:

Post a Comment