Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ally's Intro

       Hi! My name is Ally Shinar and I am currently a Junior at Drake University. I am majoring in Eduction with an endorsement in Special Education. I am also minoring in psychology. I hope to become a speech pathologist or a counselor of some sort one day! My home town is St. Paul, Minnesota! Even though it can get extremely cold in Minnesota, I absolutely love it there! I currently am a nanny for two wonderful families. One family has a child with autism and the other family has a child with brain cancer. My experiences with these families has really taught me a lot so far!  A couple random things about me... I love to dance, I was born in Houston, Texas, and I have a golden retriever named Phoebe! 

       I believe that our team name is Kamkwamba because of the inspiration this man has given to people with hopes and dreams that haven't been acquired or fulfilled yet in their life. In his speech, he makes some powerful statements that can relate to us as teachers. I really liked when he said to trust in yourself. I find this to be so important because having confidence in yourself will reflect in your teaching. Innovation is a another important concept that Kamkwamba brings to reality. He was creative with his thinking and used his knowledge in a productive way. As teachers, we need to encourage our students be creative and productive with their thinking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment