Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Natalie's Intro

Hi, I'm Natalie and I am an attending UW Oshkosh for Elementary Education. I have a minor in history, and enjoy learning random facts about history and just about anything else. I am currently in Block B and am looking forward to student teaching next semester. I have a very busy year ahead of me because while I am finishing up school this year, I am planning my July 2nd, 2011 wedding. I have moved to Oshkosh about 5 years ago from Wisconsin Rapids, and really enjoy the area. I plan on living around the Neenah/Menasha area after I graduate because it is a almost right in the middle of my parents house in Wisconsin Rapids, and my fiance Brandon's parents house in Green Bay. I hope that I can find a teaching job somewhere in the area after graduation.



I think our team was named after Kamkwamba because he is very inspirational, and could encourage both ourselves as clinitions and our future students to persue their dreams and realized that they can do something if they really put their mind to it. He shows that he and his family had nothing, yet he strived to give himself and education when he couldn't afford to go to school, and worked on his own to move up in the world. It shows how important school is and that inspires me to be a good teacher, and encourage all of my students to try their hardest and understand that when they think something is impossible, they just have to remember that whatever you put your mind to and dedicate your time to, you can accomplish. It might not always be the first time, in fact, many times you will fail before you succeed, and that is a very important lesson to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment