Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Anna's Intro

Hi everyone, my name is Anna.  I am a graduate student at Drake University obtaining my Master of Science in Teaching degree (elementary education) with endorsements in reading and ELL education.  Prior to attending Drake, I received my undergraduate degree at the University of Iowa in Communications and Spanish.  After graduation, I worked for an Iowa-based community bank in marketing and investor relations in both Naples, FL and West Des Moines, IA for five years.  Eventually I hope to teach at a Spanish immersion or bilingual elementary school.  I am married and have a 1-year- old son, Jake, as well as a Golden Retriever named Charley.

I was very inspired by the video about William Kamkwamba.  I had to watch it a second time to process everything he was saying and fully grasp the power of his actions.  I am amazed by how young he is and what he has accomplished both for himself and his country.  I think our group is named after him because of his strong sense of curiosity to learn and determination to succeed- even against all odds.  As teachers, one of our goals should be to instill this same sense of motivation and curiosity in our students, and to help them realize the potential of their own learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment