Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Crystal's Intro

Hello everyone! My name is Crystal Galica and I am a senior at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, majoring in Elementary Education with minors in mathematics and spanish. I live with my three year old son Carson and enjoy doing just about everything with him, he's so funny! I have traveled to Peru and Spain in the last two years study math (in Peru) and spanish (in spain). Both experiences were amazing and make me want to study abroad even more! Aside from school and my son I also have two jobs. I work at a daycare here in Oshkosh called Arts for Kids where I teach Spanish to three, four, and five year olds. I also waitress at Fratellos, also in Oshkosh.
I think our team is named after William Kamkwamba because his story in a way defines how we should view our opportunities and learning as teachers. First of all, he knew he wanted to learn and he did everything in his power to make sure that that happened for himself, no one handed anything to him. Also, when things were difficult for him to learn he pushed himself harder and used the resources around him to help him learn what he needed to. This shows his commitment to being a life-long learner. As teachers I think things are often going to be difficult for us with no one handing us the answers or the things we need. We are going to have to commit to learning and learn to use the resources around us to accomplish what we want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment