Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Brandon's Intro

Hi.

My name is Brandon. I graduated from UW-Green Bay in 2004 with an Environmental Science degree and now I am in the act! program to get my broadfield science certification 6-12. For the past 6 years I have worked for an AudioVisual Integrator in Milwaukee. About 2 years into my job I left and worked at an Environmental Consulting Firm, however, that wasn't a good fit for me and I had a great opportunity to return back to my current place of employment where I am today. I still have been passionate about science and through great opportunities of working with kids, I've come to the conclusion that teaching would be a perfect fit for me!

I have taught 4th and 5th graders in Sunday school for 3 years; I have coached 5th-6th grade boys basketball for 4 years, and I have coached 7th-8th grade and U15 boys volleyball as well. I continue to get myself involved in role model situations and love setting good examples.

Currently I am living in Menomonee Falls (I'm originally from Appleton--Appleton West graduate '00) and still putting in full-time hours at my job while carrying two classes, one of which is from Virginia Community College!! I am very happy with the act! program as it is totally geared for the working adult... I hope to be student teaching in the spring semester of 2012....

I watched the video clip of Kamkwamba and think the team blog was named after that gentleman because of his ingenuity to create something no one has seen in his region.

No comments:

Post a Comment