Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Emily's Intro

Hello all! My name is Emily. I am a fifth year student at UW-Oshkosh majoring in Elementary Education (PK-6) with a minor in ESL. For my clinical experience, I am currently placed in a kindergarten-1st grade mix classroom with 43 students! Once I graduate, I hope to teach in the Fox Valley area. I am from Algoma, WI, a small town along Lake Michigan. I visit my parents on the weekends and have 1 brother and 5 pets back at home. Some of my "favorites" include: the Brewers, walking/rollerblading, Desperate Housewives, and baking.

I think Kamkwamba was chosen for our team name because he seems to be a great role model. He talked about how he pushed himself out of his comfort zone, being the "black" person in a group of "white" people. He also showed us that it doesn't matter where you come from. Although he grew up with very little, he was able to make something of himself. This is a great lesson for people of all ages; your past and upbringing can affect a person, but it doesn't have to mold them. In addition to these triats, Kamkwamba is also very intelligent. The fact that he constructed the objects he did with the materials available is incredible! He is a fascinating person and a great role model for people alike today.

No comments:

Post a Comment