Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fall Conference for Professional Development

I attended a conference on October 13, 2010 presented by the Iowa Council for Social Studies. The focus was to "Bring the Iowa Core to Your Classroom". The content was for social studies but I imagine a science conference would be similar to the one I attended. It was from 8:15-3:15 and was packed with a lot of fun and interesting ideas that could be used in the classroom. There were speakers, exhibits, and awards given to social studies teachers. Since I am a student I was able to attend the conference for free with my social studies methods professor. Regular teachers had to pay a $90 registration fee. This conference was a lot of fun and it had many ideas that could be applied to the classroom. I feel in the future I would attend more conferences to bring fun and creative ideas to the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment