Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Strategies for Effective Teaching

In my last blog I discussed some tips I found to help teach effectively. When searching for sources on teaching Science effectively I began to look for strategies for specific parts of science. I came across a website that discussed the strategies for teaching multiple aspects of science and math. I looked at the strategies more directed toward science but there were some that incorporated both. This part of the website listed them. http://www.teachervision.fen.com/math/teaching-methods/48952.html?detoured=1

Example: Collecting Data
http://www.teachervision.fen.com/math/teaching-methods/48952.html
This is a link discussing What it is and why it is important for students to be able to do. Being able to collect data well is a special skill and help betters the student's knowledge when looking at specific activities and experiments. If the data they collect is inaccurate students may have a hard time grasping specific concepts.

I also found another part on this website that was useful. You are able to choose your subject and grade level you want to look at from Pre-K to 12th grade. When looking at science in first grade there were different science subjects to choose from. When looking at just Chemistry there was a document on chemistry activities for first graders. This website also gives other resources you can look at related to that specific topic. When looking at Chemistry there were other links to look at making a hypothesis and predicting patterns. There are lots of fun activities on this website and I will be using this website in the future when looking for specific activities. This website really breaks down science in every grade to very specific subject matter.

2 comments:

  1. When I clicked on the link I surprised to see the large amount of different strategies for science and math. I really like how the site desribes each one and gives you the option to click on it to learn more about it! I think this is a great website. There is a lot of information. I'm definitely writting this one down! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, there is a ton of stuff on that website, it would take forever to just go through everything. I think the more tools/weapons you have in your arsenal as a teacher the better you can do your job. I think this is an excellent site although it would need alot of research.

    ReplyDelete